Fine for misdemeanours committed as from 1.01.2011 shall be imposed in euros, by reference to
- the fine units for a natural person or the fine rate for a legal person, which is prescribed by the law imposing the liability
- the fine unit, which is 4 euros (subsection 47 (1) of the Penal Code)
Whereas from the date of implementing euro it is legitimate within two weeks to make cash payments in euros as well as in kroons, then the fine in punishment decisions made on 1.-14.01.2011 shall be designated in euros and the value shall be also inserted in kroons. Starting from 15th January the fine shall be expressed only in euros.
- On the occasion of misdemeanours, which have been committed before 1.01.2011 and for which has already been imposed
- a fine, the imposed fine shall be recalculated into euros by the rate 1 euro = 15,6466 kroons.
- starting from 15.12.2010 to the fine sum in kroons shall also be enclosed its conversion in euros.
On the occasion of misdemeanours, which have been committed before 1.01.2011 and for which the punishment shall be imposed after 1.01.2011,
- the punishment shall be imposed according to the law in force at the time of commission of the act (subsection 5 (1) of the Penal Code)
- the fine shall be imposed in kroons and shall be recalculated into euros by the rate 1 euro = 15,6466 kroons, and shall be stated in both currencies until 14.01.2011.
Fine imposed in caution procedure
- on a natural person is 3-15 euros (46,94 - 234,70 kroons )
- on a legal person is 15-60 euros (234,70- 938,80 kroons).
In written caution procedure the maximum rate of cautionary fine is 190 euros (2972,85 kroons).
Fine imposed in expedited procedure
- on a natural person is up to 400 euros (6258,64 kroons).
- on a legal person is up to 1300 euros (20340,58 kroons).
Fine imposed in general procedure
- on a natural person is 3 - 300 fine units (12 - 1200 euros, which is equal to 187,77 - 18777 kroons).
- on a legal person the rate of fine is 32-32 000 euros (500,69 - 500691,2 kroons)