You can apply for resumption of Estonian citizenship, if:
- you have lost citizenship as a minor;
- you are residing in Estonia on the basis of a residence permit or a right of residence;
- you have been released from your previous citizenship or will be released from it because of the resumption of Estonian citizenship.
- application form (complete on screen or print out and fill in by hand.) Instructions for filling the application form. You may also submit a handwritten application, in which you must state the given name and surname, data about change of given name and/or surname, date and place of birth, residence, loyalty oath, and signature confirming correctness of the data;
- an identity document;
- a document proving the deprivation of Estonian citizenship;
- 2 colour photos with measures 40x50mm;
- a document certifying the payment of the state fee.
The acceptance of the application for proceeding shall be decided within 1 month from the registration of the application.
When the application has been accepted for proceeding, then you shall submit the following within 6 months at a Service Office, by post or by e-mail:
- a document certifying that you have been released from or will be released from previous citizenship.
- In case if you will not submit the named document in due term, then the proceeding of the application will be terminated.
Decision on resumption of or refusal to resume the citizenship
After the submission of all the requested documents, the documents shall be forwarded within 3 months to the Government of the Republic for making a decision on resumption of the Estonian citizenship.
In case of resumption of the citizenship the certificate on citizenship shall be issued to you.
After your citizenship has been resumed, you can apply for the ID-card and/or passport of the Estonian citizen.