Client support 612 3000
As of 1 July 2022, calls to the PBGB information line 612 3000 will be directed to the state helpline. Calls will be answered Mon–Sun 24/7 in Estonian, Russian and English.
Calls are subject to a charge. The price of the call depends on your chosen telephone company. All incoming calls are recorded.
You can obtain information on:
- Services and campaigns launched by the Police and Border Guard Board
- Application forms and how to fill them in
- Documents to be attached to applications
- General information on the procedures for obtaining identity documents and residence permits
- Location and opening hours of structural units
Restricted information that requires identification of an individual will not be disclosed by telephone. Information about third parties, such as whether an individual is held in a sobering-up house or detention house, or whether a submitted offence report has been registered, will also not be disclosed.
The police do not make calls to people from the number 612 3000 with a request to disclose personal information or bank account details. If you receive a call that appears to be fraudulent, please report it to 112 or make a complaint on the police website.