Applying for an ID card for an adult
Reminders for ID card holders
- Reminder to document holder
- Do not hand over your document to others.
- Keep the PIN codes to yourself and in secure place. It is advisable to memorize the PIN codes.
- Do not twist or bend the document.
- Avoid contact with sharp and metal objects (keys, coins).
- Protect your document from drastic temperature ﬂuctuations, humidity, direct sunlight, chemical substances and their vapors.
- Install the latest version of the software your computer at www.id.ee
- Download updates oﬀered by an operating system, security software, web browsers and the ID-software.
- The terms and conditions of using the certifcates can be found at www.id.ee/termsandconditions.
- For assistance with the electronic use of the document,
- please contact the ID helpline by calling 666 8888 or
- through the inquiry form on website www.id.ee.
- Insert the document into the smart-card reader only
- for necessary actions in order to ensure the continuous
- usability of the document. Information on supported
- smart-card readers can be fount at www.id.ee.
PIN codes are lost, stolen or forgotten
Please visit the nearest Police and Border Guard Board service point or an Estonian embassy or consulate general to receive new PIN codes.
Document is lost or stolen
In order to revoke the document, please submit an application at Police and Border Guard Board service point, digitally signed to email@example.com or apply for a new document.
Personal data has been changed
Please apply for a new document within 30 days. All formerly issued documents (including mobile ID and digi-ID) will be revoked.
ID helpline 666 8888
Suspension of certifcates 677 3377
Police and Border Guard Board info line 612 3000