Residence permit for study for a foreigner
Extending the residence permit
What to do to get a residence permit for study extended?
- Apply for extension of the residence permit at least 2 months before expiry.
- Submit the required documents and pay the state fee.
- Applications submitted in due time are answered no later than 10 days before the expiry of the valid residence permit.
If your fingerprints were taken within the last 6 years and you have a valid residence card, you can also have your residence permit extended by e-mail.
What documents are needed to apply for extension of a residence permit for study in Estonia?
In order to apply for extension of a residence permit for study, you must submit:
- a completed temporary residence permit extension application form
- a completed form of the details of your close relatives and family members, if such details have changed
- an identity document
- digital photo
- a document certifying payment of the state fee, e.g., a payment order.
How quickly is the extension of a residence permit decided?
If the temporary residence permit extension application was submitted at least 2 months before the expiry of the permit, the decision on whether or not to extend it shall be made no later than 10 days before the expiry of the temporary residence permit.