Weapons permits for individuals
European Firearms Pass
The European Firearms Pass allows an individual to travel from one EU member state to another with a weapon, temporarily and upon the existence of a relevant invitation.
Under the European Firearms Pass a natural person may convey a weapon within the European Union as follows:
- weapons classified in category C if the person is travelling to another Member State to engage in hunting or historical re-enactments
- weapons classified in categories A, B, or C if the person is travelling to another Member State to engage in shooting sports.
You can apply for a Firearms Pass if you have been issued a weapons permit or a permit to carry a weapon.
Applying for a European Firearms Pass through the self-service portal
Apply for a European Firearms Pass using the self-service portal at https://relvataotlus.politsei.ee/.
We recommend using Google Chrome to access the self-service portal.
You can pay the state fee in the self-service portal by online banking.
Applying for a European Firearms Pass at a service office
To submit the application, go to a suitable service office and take the following with you:
- an identity document
- a number of document photos of 3 x 4 cm, not more than half a year old, corresponding to the number of Firearms Passes to be issued
- a paper weapons permit or parallel weapons permit or permit to carry a weapon
- a written consent of the owner of the weapon upon presenting a parallel weapons permit
- a written consent of a legal person upon presenting a legal person’s permit to carry a weapon
Extension or replacement of a European Firearms Pass
You must apply for an extension or replacement of a Firearms Pass if you wish to:
- extend the validity of the Firearms Pass
- add or delete weapons
- update data
A Firearms Pass can be extended or replaced through the self-service portal at relvataotlus.politsei.ee or at a service office of the PBGB.