Estonian citizenship can be applied for a ward by the guardian:
- who is at least 15 years of age;
- you have a long-term residence permit or the right of permanent residence or residence permit (who has settled in Estonia or was born in Estonia before 1 July 1990);
- you have lived in Estonia, prior submitting an application, for at least eight years on the ground of a residence permit or by right of residence, of which at least the last five years on a permanent basis;
- whose place of residence has been registered in the population register of Estonia.
- application form, to be filled in on screen and printed out. Instructions for filling in the application form (the application has to be signed by the guardian);
- 1 colour photo with measures 40x50 mm. An application form shall be filled up when applying by post and by e-mail Minimal measurements of a digital colour photo being submitted by e-mail are 480x600 pixels (the format is JPG);
- a document confirming payment of the state fee;
- an identity document of the guardian;
- a document certifying the right of representation.
The documents need not be submitted if the data is included in national databases.
In case if you will not submit the named documents in due term, then the proceeding of the application will be terminated.
Decision on granting of or refusal to grant the citizenship
After the submission of an application, the documents will be transmitted within 6 months to the Government of the Republic for taking a decision on the grant of Estonian citizenship.
In case of granting the citizenship the certificate on citizenship shall be handed over at a festive ceremony or shall be delivered by post.
After the citizenship has been granted to you, you can apply for the ID-card and/or passport of the Estonian citizen.
Simultaneously with an application for Estonian citizenship You can also submit an application for an ID-card and/or Estonian citizen’s passport.