Temporary travel document is a travel document issued to an alien staying in Estonia for departure from and return to Estonia.
By applying for the temporary travel document, the applicant is required to give the fingerprints that will be entered to the temporary travel document.
Temporary travel document can be applied for can be applied for in the Service Offices.
Documents required for application:
- an application for identity documents, to be filled in on screen and printed out. Instructions for filling of an application form;
- colour photo by size of 40 x 50 mm;
- document confirming payment of state fee.
- if application is submitted by a guardian or authorised representative of the guardianship authority, please submit identity document of the legal representative;
- if application is submitted by a guardian or authorised representative of the guardianship authority and the right of representation of the guardian is not entered to the Estonian population register, please submit a document proving right of representation;
- if you are applying for a document for a child of under 15 years of age and he/she has not been issued an identity document earlier or if he/she does not hold a valid travel document and his/her personal data have not been entered to the Estonian population register, please submit hi/her birth certificate;
Issuance of the temporary travel document
Temporary travel document is issued within 30 days (after the application was received for processing) to an applicant in person or to an authorised representative assigned by an applicant (recommended form, possible to fill in on a computer screen or print out and fill in by own hand) at the time of applying for the document, in the Service Office.
By reception of the temporary travel document, please submit an identity document.