In order to replace the weapons permit, an applicant has to address to the service bureau.
A weapons permit shall be replaced on the basis of an application submitted by the holder of the permit and permit to carry weapon shall be replaced on the basis of an application submitted by a legal person upon the expiry of the permit, if the permit becomes unusable, upon amendment of the data concerning the owner of the weapon or the holder of the weapons permit, or upon a change in the location of the weapons storage room.
The local service bureau shall be addressed:
- upon expiry of the weapons permit or the permit to carry weapon - at least 1 month prior to expiry;
- if the weapons permit or the permit to carry weapon becomes unusable - directly after the permit becomes unusable;
- if the data concerning the owner of the weapon or the holder of the weapons permit or the permit to carry weapon are amended or the location of the weapons storage room is changed - within 7 working days as of the amendment of the data or the change of location;
- if weapons permit, permit to carry weapon or weapon are lost or destroyed - within 7 working days starting from reception of a decision stipulated in subsection 43 (5) of the Weapons Act;
- if parallel weapons permit or permit to carry weapons is changed to weapons permit - within 3 months starting from expiry of the validity of the permit.
Documents required for application
- an application (shall be filled in on-site);
- health certificate;
- a photo by size of 30x40 mm
- weapons permit or permit to carry weapon.
The state fee has to be paid before applying for replacement of weapons permit.
NB! If the weapons permit is replaced upon the expiry of the weapons permit, then it is required to take along to the service office also an identity document, health certificate, hunting certificate and document proving membership of a sport organization.
Upon replacement of a parallel weapons permit, the applicant shall also take along to the service office the written consent of the owner of the weapon for replacing the parallel weapons permit and for permit to use the weapon in parallel continually.