Restrictions on entry for citizens of the Russian Federation since 19.09.2022
The order of the Government of the Republic restricts temporary entry into Estonia from 19.09.22 for citizens of the Russian Federation who hold a valid short-term Schengen visa.
Restrictions apply to crossing the external border and at all border crossing points open for international traffic in Estonia — Narva, Luhamaa, Koidula, Tallinn Airport and ports.
The Police and Border Guard Board checks all persons arriving in the country and the purpose of their travel and does not allow persons with no legal basis to enter the country.
Allowed to cross the state border for the purpose of entering Estonia is a citizen of the Russian Federation who:
- is visiting a spouse or a relative in the direct descending or ascending line who is an Estonian citizen residing in Estonia or a person residing in Estonia on the basis of Estonian long-term residence permit;
- is visiting an Estonian citizen residing in Estonia or a person residing in Estonia on the basis of Estonian long-term residence permit with whom they raise a minor child;
- is an employee of a diplomatic mission or consular post in European Union, European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation and his/her family members;
- is visiting for a short time a diplomatic mission or consular post in European Union, European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation to provide technical or professional support;
- is directly involved in the international carriage of goods and passengers, including a crew member or a ship’s crew member servicing an international means of transport and a person performing repairs or warranty or maintenance work on such a means of transport;
- is a person enjoying the right of free movement under European Union law;
- is in transit through the territory of Estonia without delay in order to reach his/her country of residence;
- who holds a valid short-term visa issued by Estonia and whose short-term employment is registered;
- who holds a valid short-term visa issued by Estonia for the purpose of study or
- whose entry into Estonia is necessary for humanitarian reasons.
Additional information and Frequently Asked Questions can be found on website https://kriis.ee/en/travelling-crossing-state-border/travelling-estonia/visas-russian-citizens
Additional information regarding the Schengen visa: