Corruption offences

The National Criminal Police seeks information on potential corruption incidents:

  • ...
  • 612 3657
  • Tööstuse 52, 10416 Tallinn

The information can be conveyed in person on the spot; the office has units in Tallinn, Tartu, Jõhvi and Pärnu. If necessary, we ensure the anonymity of the person providing the information.

Link to the document providing an overview of the work of the Corruption Crime Bureau in 2018–2019.

To allow us to fight corruption more effectively in both private and public sector everyone should do their part to contribute to a more honest and transparent government., no matter what their position or job. Dishonest public servants remaining in office does no favours to the reputation of the organization or customers seeking service from the agency or organization, or to companies or competitors providing services. Thus, it is important that every person who has knowledge of unlawful activity on the part of an official speaks up to the police.

The police has a corruption crimes office that is part of the National Criminal Police. The office has divisions in Tallinn, Tartu, Jõhvi and Pärnu.

Whom to turn to in the event of an incident involving corruption?

Corruption must be reported in case of reasonable doubt when a holder of a public office has:

  • broken the law
  • misused state assets
  • misused power
  • performed a procedure or taken a decision if it was done in regard to themselves or a person related to them.

You can report corruption in two ways – personally or as a message::

  • Contact the National Criminal Police if the case involves public servants working for local governments and government agencies and private companies/non-profit associations
  • the Internal Security Service Defence if it involves a high-ranking public official (the President, a Member of Parliament, a Minister, the Auditor General, the Legal Chancellor, a judge, a prosecutor or a government agency, the Chancellery of the Riigikogu, the Office of the President, the Office of the Chancellor of Justice, a higher official of the State Audit Office or a court; head of a Tallinn, Tartu, Narva, Pärnu, Kohtla-Järve or Jõhvi local government unit or an institution thereof or other official or employee executing public administration functions)
  • to the Public Prosecutor’s Office, if it concerns officials of a law enforcement agency (e.g. police officers).

To report corruption offences, use this form.