ID card lost or stolen

If your ID card is lost or stolen or you suspect that someone may misuse it, you may suspend the certificates on the document. Suspended certificates cannot be used to access e-services or for digital signing.

To suspend certificates, you can call the 24h number +372 677 3377

I found my document

If you found your document, you will have to turn to a PBGB service office or  to reactivate the certificates. Bring with you an identity document.

See service offices.

See Estonian Representations.

I’m unable to locate my document

If you weren’t able to find your document, you will have to submit an application for invalidation of the physical document.

On the application, write:

  • personal data
  • contact details
  • reason that the document must be invalidated

Submit the application:

  • digitally signed by email to ....
  • in writing at a PBGB service office
  • signed and mailed to Politsei- ja Piirivalveamet, Pärnu mnt 139, Tallinn 15060

If you are immediately applying for a new document, your lost or stolen document will be invalidated automatically.