Instructions for completing application form
Completing the form on a computer
- To open the application form, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader
- We recommend using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open the form.
- If you’re using Google Chrome or Safari, save the form to your computer before starting to complete it.
- Fill in the form on the computer screen, in Estonian.
Completing the form on paper
- Print out the application form
- Fill in the form using a dark ballpoint or ink pen, in Estonian.
- The application form may not contain any corrections
On the form, write:
- personal data
- contact details
- documents applied for and place where you wish to claim them
Filling in the applicant's personal data
- Enter your personal data on the form – first name, last name, personal identification code or date of birth, place of birth, gender, citizenship(s)
- If you apply for a document for a child, write the child’s personal data on the form
Filling in the applicant’s contact details
- On the form, write the contact details at which we can contact you in matters related to the application if necessary
- If possible, provide on the form an email address as well where we will send you a notification when the document is ready (unless you have ordered it to an foreign representation).
Submission of signature sample
- If you mail in the form, provide the signature sample in the top box – make sure the signature is fully within the boundaries.
- If you email the form, write the signature sample on a white sheet of paper, scan it into the computer or photograph it with a phone. Save the signature sample in JPG format
- Provide the signature sample with an even pen stroke, avoiding lighter areas, unnecessary interruptions, excessive dots or dashes, crossouts etc.
Child’s signature sample
- The signature field of an applicant under the age of 7 or an applicant who is incapable of signing shall be left blank.
- A child from 7-14 years of age or person in the care of a guardian may provide a signature sample on the application form but it is not obligatory.
- It is obligatory to submit a signature sample for applicants 15 years of age and up.
Lost or stolen document data
- If your last document was lost or stolen, fill in the corresponding fields (name of document, data of loss or theft)
Applicant’s legal representative
- The legal representative of the applicant is their parent or guardian.
- If the applicant is submitted by the parent or guardian, their data as the legal representatives must be written on to the form – first name, last name, personal identification code or date of birth
- If the representative is an institution, the name and registry code of the institution must be added.
Confirmation of the data submitted on the form
- If you mail in the form, provide the signature sample in the field at the end of both pages.
- If you send the application by email, sign the form digitally
Confirmation of data on the child’s application
- The mother or the father of a child under 15 years of age shall submit and sign the child’s application.
- If the application is submitted by a child aged 15-17 or their parent, the child certifies the authenticity of the data by their own signature.
- If the application of a child aged 15-17 is submitted by their parent or guardian, the parent or guardian certifies the authenticity of the data.
See requirements and instructions for the document photo.
If you have any other questions, call 612 3000 or email ....