What to do if you have forgotten or lost your PIN codes

The Police and Border Guard Board will no longer issue new PIN codes to document users whose ID card, residence permit card or digital ID was issued before 30.11.2018. In order to receive new PINs, you must apply for a new document.

If you have forgotten the PIN codes of your document (ID-card, residence permit card, digital ID) and the code envelope is lost, you must apply for a new code envelope in order to continue using the e-services or create a digital signature.

You can apply for a new code envelope in the following locations:

Be sure to contact the right foreign representation to get new PIN codes abroad.

Bring with you the document for which you want to request new PINs. When applying for new PIN codes for a digital ID, bring your ID card or passport with you.

You have to pay the state fee in order to get a new code envelope.

You will receive the new PINs on the spot.