Estonian passport for a child
Applying at the self-service portal
You can use the self‑service portal for applying for
- passport renewal for an adult
- a passport for a minor child
If the child was born abroad, the birth of the child must be entered in the population register in order to use the self-service portal.
When using the self‑service portal for applying for a passport, you need to have the following:
- an ID card and an ID card reader, a mobile ID or access to Internet banking
- PIN codes for your ID card or mobile ID
- an appropriate document photograph in digital format
- a computer with an Internet connection
- the latest version of the ID software
Photograph, fingerprints and specimen signature taken at a service office
When applying for a document through the self-service portal, you can use the following taken in a photo booth of a service office up to 183 days before:
- document photograph
- specimen signature
You must enter your personal identification code to use a photo booth.
The state fee for a passport is €20.
People with a moderate, severe or profound disability are eligible for a discount rate and are charged a state fee of €20 for an ID card if applied using the self-service portal. To use the discount, you need to provide proof of disability at the client service office.
The state fee for applying for a passport on an expedited basis is €58.
Ordering a document to a foreign representation will cost €20 in addition to the state fee.