E-Resident's digital ID
Applicants can collect their e-resident’s digital IDs at the PBGB service office, at an Estonian embassy or at an e-residency collection centre indicated in the application.
The term of processing an application for an e-resident’s digital ID is 30 days, plus delivery, which is 2–5 weeks, depending on the selected pick-up location. You can track the processing status of your application in the self service environment by logging in and selecting “Track status”.
Once your digital ID has reached the pick-up location, you will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 months from the submission of the application, please contact your selected pick-up location.
You need to collect your e-resident’s digital ID in person at the pick-up location. Digital IDs are not issued to representatives. When collecting your e-resident’s digital ID, you need to submit a valid travel document issued by a foreign state. E-residents are also fingerprinted at the pick-up location. If you choose to collect your document at the e-residency collection centre, a photo of your face will be taken as well.
Changing the pick-up location
If you wish to change the digital ID pick-up location selected when applying, you need to pay an additional fee. To change the pick-up location, please submit a corresponding application to the pick-up location you had previously selected for collecting your digital ID.
If you had initially selected an e-residency collection centre (São Paulo, Bangkok, Singapore, Pretoria, Tokyo) as the pick-up location for your document, you cannot change the pick-up location. If you are unable to collect your digital ID at these previously selected pick-up locations and you are still interested in being issued an e-resident’s digital ID, you need to submit a new application for an e-resident’s digital ID using self-service.
If you wish to change the pick up location, the following additional fees apply:
- Changing the pick up location from one Estonian embassy to another: €80
- Changing the pick-up location from an Estonian embassy to a PBGB service office or to an e-residency collection centre: €80 (please note that the additional €20 paid when submitting the application will not be refunded)
- Changing the pick up location from one PBGB service office to another: €10
- Changing the pick up location from a PBGB service office to an Estonian embassy: €30
- Changing the pick up location from a PBGB service office to an e-residency collection centre: €10
If processing your e-resident’s digital ID is still pending and you wish to change the selected pick-up location, please submit a corresponding application to ....